Ministry of District Administration, Tourism and Transport
The Department of Tourism was established in 1974 and falls under the mandate of the Ministry of District Administration, Tourism and Transport. This Ministry organises and directs the activities for many departments all of which have similar goals; to protect the environment, support the economy, promote the islands as a premier destination for visitors and to support local businesses and business people.
Authorities, Boards & Committees:
- Port Authority of the Cayman Islands
- Cayman Islands Airports Authority Cayman Turtle Farm Ltd.
- Cayman Airways Ltd.
- Hotel Licensing Board
- Liquor Licensing Board
- Public Transport Board
- Tourism Attraction Board
- Land & Sea Co-operative
- Tourism Advisory Council
- Cayman Islands Tourism Association
- Sister Islands Tourism Association
- Tourism Apprenticeship Training Programme Council
- National Tourism Management Policy Steering Committee
- Miss Cayman Committee
- National Festival Committee & District Committees
- Film Commission Advisory Board
- Development Control Board
- Electrical Board of Examiners
- Planning Appeals Tribunal
- Central Planning Authority.
For additional information about the Ministry of District Administration, Tourism and Transport visit www.gov.ky.
Classes of Information Held
- A Class of Information is a way of collecting together similar types of information. The Cayman Islands Department Of Tourism has grouped its Classes of Information into broad categories (or functions) which reflect our outputs. If you are intending to make a request, please view our list of functions which should give you an indication of the information we hold. Click here to download the .PDF document.