The Cayman Islands' with its Worry Free Hurricane Guarantee is the perfect late summer/early fall destination for some fun in the sun. This unique Hurricane Guarantee covers any cancellations made prior to arrival and compensation if vacation time is cut short because of inclement weather on your Cayman Islands trip. As soon as a hurricane is anticipated, guests may cancel their vacation at many of Cayman’s hotels and condos, with at most only a one night penalty for cancellations made up to 48 hours prior to check-in.
A free replacement stay is being offered by many properties as well, allowing guests to rebook for the same duration as the originally booked stay, regardless of how many days were affected by a hurricane or storm.
The following Cayman Island Hotels
are participating in the Worry Free Hurricane Guarantee and some are even offering cancellation up to 24 hours or less before the reserved stay, with zero penalty. For detailed property guarantees, please visit the designated property Web sites or contact them directly:
Hurricane Guarantee Participants:
Grand Cayman »
Cayman Brac »
Little Cayman »
- 327 Ocean Club. Shamrock Road Spots
- 328 Castaway Cove, Wyndham Reef, East End
- 424 Waterways
- Avalon Condominium
- Boggy Sands
- Cayman Reef Resort #1, 12, 29, 32, 33, 50 & 56
- Coral Loft
- Hidden Cove, 301 Water Cay Rd, Cayman Kai
- Jeff's Guest Home
- Lacovia Condos
- No Big Ting
- Ruby's Hibiscus
- Sundowner #3
- Sunset Cove #304
- Sunshine Suites Resort
- Turtle Nest Inn & Condos
- Villas of the Galleon. NOTE: Once the reservation is canceled due to an upcoming hurricane, there will be no penalty. If the guest(s) choose just to "not show up" then they would lose their deposit. A cancellation must be made. Thank you.
- Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
Should visitors require assistance prior to or following a Hurricane:
- British Nationals can be directed to the Governor’s Office of the Cayman Islands.
- Most other nationals should be directed to their Honorary Consul that are resident in the Cayman Islands.
- Other foreign nationals who do not have an Honorary Consul to turn to can be directed to the Governor’s Office of the Cayman Islands in the first instance.
- Caymanians and local residents should be encouraged to contact the relevant local authority for assistance, such as the passport office should a new travel document be required.
The Governor’s Office Duty Officer’s telephone number should it be required is 1 345 925 4307.
Consular Representatives in the Cayman Islands
- Austria: Mr. Martin Richter, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 925 4559/926 1529.
- Barbados: Ms. Juliette Gooding, email@example.com, tel 925 7264 or Liaison Mr. Wingrove Hunte, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 926 8303.
- Brazil: Mr. Giorgio Subiotto, email@example.com, tel 949 9876.
- Canada: Mr. Jeff Boucher. Visit www.pptc.gc.ca or www.jamaica.gc.ca, tel 949 9400, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Consulate of Canada is located at Landmark Square, 1st Floor, 64 Earth Close (off West Bay Road past the Strand), Seven Mile Beach.
- France: Mr. Sebastien Guilbard, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 949 2118.
- Germany: Mrs. Christiane Schuette-McField, email@example.com, tel 924 3561.
- Honduras: Mr. Miguel Molina-Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, tel 914 8665.
- India: Dr. Krishna Mani, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 945 1565/928 4681.
- Jamaica: Dr. Joseph Marzouca, deputy Ms Elaine Harris. Visit www.jaconsulatecayman.org/m1a.html, tel 949 9526 or emergency 325 6634. Email email@example.com. The Jamaican Consulate: Dot Com Centre is at 342A Dorcy Drive in the Industrial Park. Emergency travel documents can be issued within 24hrs with proper proof of Jamaican nationality and identification, and the passport renewal time is 2 to 3 weeks.
- Philippines: Mr. Arturo Ursua, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 925 8279/949 2716.
- Spain: Mr. Garth Arch, email@example.com, tel 949 2400/525 5603.
- Switzerland: Mr. Peter Schmid, tel 326 4385 or (satellinte phone) 00881621462160, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For Consular and administrative information, please contact the Consulate General in Atlanta, USA on 1 404 870 2000 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UK: For emergency travel documents during office hours call the Cayman Islands Passport Office on 943 7678 or visit the Office at Sussex House, Elgin Avenue, George Town. For emergencies during office hours contacts are as follows: Mr. Tom Hines, email@example.com, tel 244 2434 and Ms. Gillian Skinner, tel 244 2431, firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours, call the Duty Officer tel +1345 925 4307.
- USA: Mr. Gary Montemayor, tel 945 8173 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Emergency cell number is 328 0033. Visit http://kingston.usembassy.gov/travel_alerts.html. The U.S. Consular Agency is located in the Smith Road Centre.
Please see UK