Cayman Islands JetBlue NYC Inaugural Vacation Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Please read these rules before entering the Sweepstakes. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
- Eligibility. Participation in the Cayman Islands JetBlue NYC Inaugural Vacation Giveaway ticket drawing (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (& DC), who are age 18 or over. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Cayman Islands Department of Tourism (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
- How to Enter. Visit http://www.caymanislands.ky/jetbluenycgiveaway/ and fill in the required entry information, including full name, zip code, and email address. Once your entry form is complete, and all required information is entered and ticked, you must read and agree to the Official Rules, and click the “submit” button. Only fully completed entries are eligible.
All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, misdirected, or technically corrupted entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 pm Eastern Time ("ET") on November 15, 2012 and ends at 2:00 pm ET on November 19, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
- Random Drawing/Odds. One winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received on or about November 19, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes: Winner shall receive: 5-day/4-night trip to the Cayman Islands for winner and a guest. Prize consists of (a) 2 roundtrip economy tickets from JetBlue airlines from JFK International Airport (JFK) to Owen Roberts International Airport (GCM), if necessary, air transfers to be included to JFK from a JetBlue gateway city only (b) ground transportation to and from the airport in the Cayman Islands to hotel; (c) double occupancy hotel accommodation at the Caribbean Club; and (d) Admission for 2 to a Grand Cayman attraction, attraction to be determined on prize redemption. Approximate retail value of prize: USD$4,950 Approximate retail value includes sales taxes and related governmental fees associated with the purchase and reservation of the prize. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winners and guests must depart within twelve (12) months of winner's receipt of prize confirmation letter. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Reservations are subject to availability. Availability of tickets is limited for each flight, as some flights may already be booked and consequently have no seats available. Travel and hotel accommodation must be reserved through or otherwise as directed by Sponsor. If winner wishes to travel alone, airline tickets for winner's guest will be forfeited. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Guest must be the age of majority in his/her country and state of residence unless winner is such guest's parent or legal guardian.
Winner and guest will abide by and be subject to these Official Rules and the terms and conditions set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Sponsor's flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Winning tickets cannot be combined with any other offer or promotional fare. Once a booking has been confirmed, no changes are permitted. If a booking is cancelled by the winner, no alternative tickets will be issued and the prize will be deemed to have been forfeited without payment of any compensation or refund.
All expenses and travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to meals, tips, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, baggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, visa, passport and insurance requirements, state, federal or local taxes of any kind (including any income tax), or other expenses are solely the responsibility of winners and guests. Neither winners nor guests are entitled to frequent flyer miles in connection with the prize. Winner and guest must each have a valid passport or permission to travel from his/her country of residence and visitor's visa if required as of the date of departure. Guest must travel on the same flights on the same date as the winner and must execute Affidavit (defined below) and return it prior to issuance of travel documents in order to accompany winner on trip. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Terms and conditions of all tickets apply. Specific seat locations will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winner and guest will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the prize. Actual value of prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by any winner will be forfeited.
Sponsor is not liable for any loss or damage caused by incomplete or missing travel documentation.
- Notification. Winner will be notified by email or mail and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
- License/Usage. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree to the use of their names, likenesses, biographical information, and/or statements for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Release. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and Sweepstakes partners, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Sweepstakes or receipt of prize. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, may be disqualified.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and Sweepstakes and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In case of termination, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 15, 2013 to: Cayman Islands Department of Tourism, Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2720, New York, New York 10118
- Sponsor. Cayman Islands Department of Tourism, Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2720, New York, New York 10118
JetBlue Travel Certificate Terms and Conditions
Each Travel Certificate is valid for a one-time use for travel booked and flown within the valid dates shown on the Travel Certificate. (In the event that a Travel Certificate does not include dates of validity, the Certificate shall be good for a one-time use for travel booked and flown within one (1) year of the date of issuance). Redeemed travel is subject to availability and seats may not be available on all flights. Blackout dates apply, and travel is capacity controlled. (Flights to/from Caribbean destinations subject to heightened capacity controls.) Schedules are subject to change without notice. Travel Certificates may be redeemed only in accordance with the travel restrictions identified on or in connection with the Certificate. If specific flights or departures/destinations are not identified on or in connection with the Travel Certificate, the Certificate may only be redeemed for flights operated by JetBlue to/from JetBlue cities. (Not all JetBlue cities connect; call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2538) for information on connecting cities.) Travel Certificates are not valid for bookings on partner airlines or code share or interline flights. Travel certificates are also not valid for use in connection with JetBlue Getaways Vacation Packages or Cruises. Each Travel Certificate is transferable; however, at no time may it be purchased, sold, bartered, traded on an auction website or otherwise exchanged for value without prior written consent from JetBlue. Travel Certificates are not redeemable for cash and have no cash value. Passengers are subject and entitled to all provisions of JetBlue's Contract of Carriage. (See JetBlue's Contract of Carriage at http://www.jetblue.com/p/jetblue_coc.pdf
Passenger is solely responsible for all fees, taxes, surcharges, and service charges for all travel booked using a Travel Certificate. (Taxes and Fees may include, without limitation, Passenger Facility Charges up to $9.00 each way for domestic and international travel; September 11 Security Fees of $2.50 per enplanement at a U.S. airport, up to $5 each way; Federal Segment Taxes of $3.80 per domestic segment; U.S. Arrival/Departure Tax of $16.70 each way for Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands travel; and government taxes and fees up to $329.00 each way for international travel.) Passenger also is solely responsible for fees for oversized, overweight or extra baggage and fees for products/services sold separately, such as unaccompanied minor fees, Even More Space seats, pet fees, in-flight movies, pillows, etc. Passenger must pay all applicable taxes and fees using a major credit card at the time of booking.
Travel Certificates may be redeemed only by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and providing the authorization number and PIN number included on the Certificate. Travel Certificates may not be redeemed at airport ticket counters or online. The authorization number and PIN number cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except as required by law), and JetBlue is not responsible for lost or stolen Travel Certificates, authorization numbers or pin numbers. (Customers will not be able to redeem their Travel Certificate without both the authorization and pin number.) Change and cancellation restrictions and fees may apply. Redeemed travel is not eligible for TrueBlue points. (TrueBlue is JetBlue's loyalty program.) Additional terms and restrictions apply to all JetBlue flights. See http://www.jetblue.com/traveldeals/FlightsTOC.html