Northeast US (NY, CT, VT, RI, MA, NH, ME)
Regional Sales Representative
National Sales Manager
Conducts ongoing sales promotional activities within the assigned region in accordance with established sales targets and DOT approved sales and marketing plans. Researches demographic, psychographic and other lifestyle profiles in order to identify target markets and clients within the assigned region. Determines the most effective sales techniques and carries out the sales activities in order to achieve sales targets. In this position, extensive travel is required within the region. Some travel to other locations in the United States and the Cayman Islands.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Promotes the Cayman Islands as a preferred travel destination to the travel industry and to consumers through a DOT-approved sales and promotional mix.
• Develops and executes a marketing and promotion strategy for the Cayman Islands that considers the specific/unique characteristics of the assigned region and the target population or groups within that assigned region.
• Develops, in conjunction with the National Sales Manager and General Manager, and implements the sales activity targets and schedules as well as the marketing and promotional plan for the region within a designated yearly budget.
• Participates in and coordinates a variety of sales, marketing and promotional activities including sales calls, sales blitzes, trade and consumer shows, seminars, public speaking engagements and familiarization trips within an assigned region/territory.
• Reviews Arrival Destination Information and other data.
• Monitors sales activity performance within assigned region; identifies poor performance areas and opportunities for increased performance within assigned region; develops strategies to address poorly and/or underperforming areas within assigned region.
• Maintains databases of contact, event schedules, participants’ lists, etc.
• Fulfills or ensures fulfillment in a timely manner, all requests for collateral information from prospective clients, agencies etc. within the region.
• At times, may be required to conduct or direct specific projects or studies and provide progress reports within a specified timeframe.
• Reports to the National Sales Manager on a regular basis on progress within all areas of responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must reside within the assigned territory.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent in Marketing or Business Administration, with a concentration or certificate in Marketing or Tourism
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a tourism-related field
• Minimum 5 years experience Marketing Tourism en lieu of degree
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Detail orientated and highly organized
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience with sales and promotional events
• Routinely handle objects weighing up to 25 lbs. and on occasion may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Have access to an automobile and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to travel internationally and hold a valid passport.
• Practical knowledge of and exposure to the Cayman Islands and Caribbean region
• Scuba diving certification
Supervises/coordinates activities at promotional events.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE.
The deadline to submit an application is October 31, 2016.