Cayman Islands My Coldest Winter
Social Media Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Please read these rules before entering the Contest. By entering and participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and you represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements set forth below.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
Eligibility. Participation in the Cayman Islands My Coldest Winter Social Media Contest ("Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (& Washington DC), who are age 18 or over. Void elsewhere and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Cayman Islands Department of Tourism ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and/or local rules and regulations apply.
How to Enter. Contestants must visit www.facebook.com/visitcaymanislands (the "Page"), "like" the Page and enter the My Coldest Winter Application (the "Application") take a photograph of your interpretation of My Coldest Winter.
You must upload your Photo, along with a title and a description (of no more than 500 characters) of the Photo using the submit tool. Contestants are required to complete the data entry form by entering full name, country, state, city, zip code, and email address. Once your entry form is complete, you must read and agree to the Official Rules, and click the "submit" button. All entry information and Photo shall be collectively referred to herein as the "Submissions" or each as a "Submission." Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (c) any third parties appearing in the Submission have given entrant appropriate consent to be filmed and used as permitted herein. Sponsor reserves the right to request third party releases from any third party included in any Submission at any time. Failure to produce fully executed third party releases (if applicable) may result in disqualification of the Submission, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
Limit one (1) Submission per person/per email address. Only fully completed entries are eligible. The Submission will be submitted to the Contest's gallery. All approved submissions will be displayed within a voting platform. The contestant whom garners the most votes during the Contest's duration will be eligible for the Grand Prize. Limit one (1) Submission per entrant. All entrants must have a valid email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, misdirected, or technically corrupted entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Start/End Dates. Contest entry period begins at 2:00 pm Eastern Time ("ET") on March 7, 2013 and ends at 5:00 pm ET on March 19, 2013 ("Contest Period").
Submission Restrictions. By entering, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission restrictions as defined below (the "Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant's Submission fails to conform to the Restrictions.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created; and
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of Sponsor and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest.
- Voting Period. Beginning on or about 12:00 pm ET on March 20, 2013 and continuing until 2:00 pm ET on April 1. 2013. ("Voting Period"), voters will vote for Submissions according to the following criteria: (a) creativity, (b) artistic quality and (c) responsiveness to the Contest. The Submission with the highest number of votes at the end of the Voting Period will be deemed the potential winner (subject to confirmation). In the event of a tie, a Sponsor representative will select the winning Submission based on the above criteria. By entering the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
- Grand Prize: The grand prize winner will receive a 4 night stay for 2 at Plantana Condos and (2) round-trip tickets on Cayman Airways for winner and a travel companion. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Subject to Availability. Air tickets are valid only for coach travel to and from Cayman Airways' US gateway cities including Dallas /Fort Worth, New York City, Chicago, Washington D.C., Tampa, and Miami. Winner must arrange, at winner's own expense, his/her and guest's travel from winner's residence to and from a US gateway airport in order to redeem the prize.
All travel must take place prior to April 1, 2014 or prize will be forfeited. If winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, travel companion must be winner's parent or legal guardian. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure (or the child of winner) and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner and travel companion must sign travel release prior to ticketing. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any required travel documents and travel insurance. Prize does not provide accommodations, meals and/or spending money; all extras are at winner's own expense. Travel must be roundtrip and is subject to availability. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description above, including but not limited to, accommodations, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, upgrades, any and all taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Prize value is estimated at one thousand one hundred dollars ($1,100). Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- Notification. On or about April 2, potential winners will be notified by email and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and rights transfer document within seven (7) days of prize notification. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity and rights transfer document must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and prize will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian. If potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of first prize notification, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
- License/Usage. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. By entering a Submission each entrant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense or otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Submission. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Entrant understands that Submission may, but is not required to be, displayed for public viewing and judging, if applicable, as part of the Contest. In addition, by entering, each entrant agrees to the use of his/her name, likeness, location, biographical information, and/or statements for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. As a condition to receiving any prize, each winner (or in the case of a minor, the minor's parent or legal guardian) may be required to execute an assignment transferring and assigning all of their respective rights, title and interest, including but not limited to any copyrights or trademarks, in the Submission or any picture, video, or other intellectual property included therein.
- Release. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and Contest partners, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and claims based on copyright infringement, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, divisions nor related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes, or expenses that winners might incur as a result of this Contest or receipt of prize. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way, may be disqualified.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In case of termination, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by June 15, 2013 to: Cayman Islands Department of Tourism, Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2720, New York, New York 10118.
- Sponsor. Cayman Islands Department of Tourism, Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2720, New York, New York 10118